Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ephesians 6:19-22

19 Pray also for me, so that when I speak, a message may be given to me to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it boldly, as I must speak. 21 So that you also may know how I am and what I am doing, Tychicus will tell you everything. He is a dear brother and a faithful minister in the Lord. 22 I am sending him to you for this very purpose, to let you know how we are, and to encourage your hearts.

Questions to consider:
  • Why does the author want prayer?
  • What does he want to declare boldly?
  • Why is he sending Tychicus?
Possibilities for prayer:

Do you ever struggle with boldness in sharing the message of Christ with others? I know I do. Let's make Paul's request for boldness in declaring Christ our own request today. Ask God to give you courage in speaking about him. And try testing it out--have a conversation about faith with a friend or co-worker, seeking God's strength and boldness before, during, and after.