Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2 Corinthians 11:7-15

7Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge? 8I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you. 9And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so. 10As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine. 11Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do! 12And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about. 13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.


Questions to consider:

  • How have you been deceived by Satan recently?
  • What can you do to guard against his deception today?


Possibilities for prayer:


Paul wants the Corinthian church to be aware that there are people who pretend to be something that they are not, and Satan does the same thing. Let’s today ask God to give us eyes to see those that are “masquerading” as apostles of Christ, and that we’d have the wisdom and courage to withstand their deception.